Race Course Terrain
1. Most parts of the race course are in the country parks of Hong Kong and on the major hiking trails. However, some parts are rocky, uneven and steep.
2. Take great care at all times and never overtake unless it is safe to do so. Give way to participants who are moving more quickly than you.
3. Participants need to cross ther aod at some parts along the race course. Please follow the traffic light and use the flyover to croos the road.
Preparation before the Race
1. The organizer highly recommends participants to start exercising 2 months before the event, so as to obtain the best result.
2. A short jogging everyday can strengthen fitness and endurance.
3. Sufficient sleep 1 week before the race.
4. Sufficient daily food and fluid intake.
5. Trimming nails of toes 1 week before the race, so as to minimize the chance of injury when going downhill.
Participants are required to be semi self-sufficient. Pacer and support runners are strictly prohibited. Outside assistance or support by other people is only permitted at the checkpoints. Support outside the checkpoints is not allowed, except in an emergency. The participant may be penalized or disqualified for breaches of the rules.
Sickness or Injury
1. Take good care of your health.
2. If a participant is sick or injured and can move to the next checkpoint, please get assistance from first aid post.
3. If a participant is sick or injured and can not move to the next checkpoint, call the emergency phone number (printed on the back of race number bib) to inform the organizer and specify your location, or ask another participants to alert the race marshals / staff at the nearest checkpoint if there is not mobile phone reception.
4. Due to the difficulty of access of certain locations, one might have to wait for assistance for longer than anticipated.
5. It is advise that participants should have basic knowledge of first aid.